Mt. Airy's fabulous food-centric evening street festival takes place on Thursday, September 18th! From 6:00-10:30, Sip delicious beverages, Savor amazing food from the City's best gourmet food vendors and local restaurants, and Stroll along historic Germantown Avenue (between Sedgwick Street and Mt. Airy Avenue).
The 2014 Street Fare is hosted by Mt. Airy USA
Rain Date: Friday, September 26th, 2014
Latest News and Updates
MT. AIRY USA ANNOUNCES 50+ FOOD TRUCKS AND RESTAURANTS FOR STREET FARE: SIP, SAVOR, STROLL ON THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2014
Posted Aug 13, 2014 |
Award-winning eats, sips, entertainment and family fun to fill Germantown Avenue
Posted Sep 23, 2013 |
On Thursday, Mt. Airy USA hosted "Street Fare: Sip, Savor, Stroll" – which was formally known at the Mt. Airy Night Market. It was an evening of dining and drinking that showcased the growing food scene along Germantown Avenue. (Philly.com)
Posted Sep 20, 2013 |
Over 40 food vendors, live entertainment, artisans and a simulcast of the Eagles game were brought to Germantown Avenue in Mt. Airy on Thursday evening for the neighborhood's Street Fare festival. (Newsworks)
Food & Drink
Enjoy top-notch gourmet bites, craft-brewed beer, wine and delicious cocktails from over 50 of the region's best food trucks and restaurants lining Germantown Avenue. A preview of this year's vendors:
A full map of the event and list of food vendor menu items, musical entertainment lineup, family activities and crafts and apparel coming soon. Check out last year's event program.
Mt. Airy Local Restaurants
- Cantina Avenida
- Earth Bread and Brewery
- Herb Scott Catering
- Jyoti Indian Bistro
- Trolley Car Diner
- Braz BQ
- The Cow and the Curd
- Foolish Waffles
- Hot Diggity
- Mac Mart
- Oink and Moo BBQ
- PB and U
- Surf and Turf Truck
- Sweetbox Cupcakes
- The Tot Cart
- Undrgrnd Donuts
Johnny Showcase: An electrifying experience. An 8-piece absurdist soul outfit based in Philadelphia, it is an innovative, joyful tour-de-force that blissfully toes the line between performance art and a psychedelic soul revival. Carrying the torch of funk-rock pioneers like Funkadelic and Frank Zappa, they have gained a massive following and propelled Johnny to something that of a funky Philly folk hero legend. Listen to samples here: http://johnnyshowcase.com/
Akil Dasan: International performer and accompanist to stars such as Maroon 5 and Jaicko, Akil brings the energy of Bruno Mars, blends it with the soul of Marvin Gaye, and combines it all with lyrics that tip their hat to the likes of Nas, Black Thoughtful, and Q-Tip. Whether he's beatboxing, singing, or playing guitar, Akil's powerful performances reach every audience and transport them to his lyrically masterful world. Hear samples here: http://www.sonicbids.com/band/keepitakil/audio/
Papo Gely: From Rumba and Mambo to Bachata and Samba, the show is built around Gely’s Rock/Blues influenced guitar playing over the complex rhythmical mastery of Andres Cisneros from Colombia (congas) and Christian Noguera from Argentina (bongos) all currently residing in the Philly area. Listen to a sample here.
Deb Callahan: Drenched in soul and rooted in in blues, singer and songwriter Deb Callahan has been a mainstay on the Philly music scene for many years now. She writes creative blues, soul and roots influenced original music and puts on a great live show with her band members Allen James, Garry Lee and Tom Walling. Hear a sample at: www.debcallahanband.com
The Gin Canaries: The Gin Canaries are an eclectic collection of musicians who share a love of the jazz era. From the 20's to the 40's, some of the greatest music was made, and these birds aim to bring it back to life so it's never forgotten. Hear what they are slinging at www.gincanaries.com.
For a map of the event and list of food vendor menu items, musical entertainment lineup, family activities and crafts and apparel, check out the event program (coming soon!)
Bringing the kids out to Street Fare? No problem! Here's a look at the activities in our fenced in Family Fun area, including seating areas and plenty of space to run and frolic:
Family Activity Area, 6-9 pm: Mt. Airy Presbyterian Church- coner of E. Mount Pleasant Ave. & Germantown Ave.
Enjoy a family dining area and creative kids activities, including:
- Custom temporary tattoos courtesy of Kadillac Tattoo
- Braids, faux hawks, and other hair styles brought to you by Culture Hair
- Hand sewing led by Handcraft Workshop
- Free-form art
The family activity area is brought to you by Kadillac Tattoo, Culture Hair, Handcraft Workshop and Mt. Airy Presbyterian Church.
Crafts + Apparel
Directions and Parking
Directions to Mt. Airy Street Fare
From Center City, South and West:
- Take I-76 W to Exit 340A Lincoln Drive/Kelly Drive.
- At the bottom of the exit ramp, merge right onto City Ave and follow signs for Lincoln Drive.
- Merge onto Lincoln Drive and follow it until it ends.
- Turn right onto Allen’s Lane.
- Turn right onto Germantown Avenue
(Alternative Route: Take Kelly Drive to Lincoln Drive. Follow above directions)
From Chestnut Hill and Northern Suburbs:
- Follow Stenton Avenue
- Turn right onto Cresheim Valley Drive
- Turn left onto Germantown Avenue
- Take the Chestnut Hill West line from any of the Center City train stations. Get off at Carpenter Station. Turn left onto Carpenter Lane. Turn left onto Germantown Ave.
- Take the Chestnut Hill East line. Get off at Sedgwick Station. Turn right onto E. Mt. Pleasant Ave and continue onto Germantown Avenue.
BY SUBWAY AND BUS
- Take the Broad Street line to the Erie Avenue stationstop (Broad & Erie Aves.)
- Transfer to the SEPTA Route 23 Bus (towards Chestnut Hill) and get off at the corner of Carpenter Lane and Germantown Ave. Please note that the bus will be detoured due to the street closure. Please check SEPTA’s website for detour information and/or speak with the bus driver.
By Uber Car Service
We’ve partnered with Uber to offer all new users a free ride, up to $25, using the promotional code STREETFARE14.
Uber is an iPhone/Android app that lets you tag your location and summon a professional driver to your side within minutes. Once in the car, the driver will take you wherever you need to go. The fare is billed to your card, with no need to tip, so you don't have to worry about handling cash.
Just click the promo code and sign up! You'll be riding in no time at all.
Read what notable local media is saying about Street Fare!
- "Photos: Mt Airy Street Fare," HugeE Dillon, Philly.com. September 20, 2013.
- "Street Fare Arrives in Mt. Airy Tonight, Thursday, September 19th, With More Than 40 Food Trucks and Restaurants, Crafts and Apparel, Live Music, An Eagles Simulcast And More!," Kristina Jenkins, Uwishunu. September 19, 2013.
- "Mt. Airy is bringing Sip, Savor, Stroll to Germantown Avenue," Julia West. Metro. September 18, 2013
- Video: "Street Fare: Sip, Savor, Stroll," Good Day Philadelphia, Fox 29. September 17, 2013.
- Video: "‘Street Fare: Sip, Savor, Stroll’ in Mt. Airy," Eye Opener, PHL17. September 17, 2013.
- "Local restaurants gear up for Mt. Airy's Street Fare," Jana Shea, Newsworks. September 17, 2013.
- "45 Food Vendors at Mt. Airy Street Fare." Zagat. September 12, 2013
- "Mt. Airy Announces Food Vendors for Street Fare." Foobooz. September 12, 2013
- "Mt. Airy Street Fare is But A Week Away. Prepare to Sip, Savor, Stroll (Or To Slurp Slam and Strut, If That's Your Thing)," Phoodie. September 12, 2013
- "Get Ready to Sip, Savor and Stroll at Street Fare in Mt. Airy As More Than 50 Vendors Take Over Germantown Avenue Next Thursday, September 19th," Kristina Jenkins, Uwishunu. September 11, 2013
- "Great Event: Street Fare: Sip, Savor, Stroll, 9/19," Insight Magazine, 9/9/13
- "Sip, Savor and Stroll in Mt. Airy," Grid Magazine, 9/5/13
- "Mt. Airy Is Having a Street Fare," Tara Nurin, Foobooz. August 15 2013
- "Save the Date: Sip, Savor, Stroll as Street Fare comes to Mt. Airy This Fall on September 19th," Kristina Jenkins, Uwishunu. August 9
Did you miss previous years' events? Read reviews about it here:
- "Crowds Pack the Avenue For Mt. Airy Night Market," Mt. Airy Patch. Zach Subar. August 17, 2012
- "Mount Airy makes a night of it with Food Trust help," The Philadelphia Inquirer. Jonathan Lai. August 16, 2012
- "Excited By Night Market: A Round-up of Reactions," Mt. Airy Patch. August 17, 2012
- "An evening out to eat in Mt. Airy," The Philadelphia Inquirer. Dianna Marder, August 11 2011.
- "Night Market Philadelphia: Mt. Airy,"And Her Little Dog Too. August 4 2011.
- "Night Market Draws Hungry Crowds Downtown," Mt. Airy Patch. Walter Foley, August 5 2011.
Street Fare is proudly sponsored by:
Street Fare is presented by:
Media sponsorship provided by:
Interested in becoming a sponsor? Click here for more details
Street Fare is social! Stay up to date on all the latest news: