Open a Business in Mt. Airy
There is plenty of opportunity for business growth in Mt. Airy. From storefronts and offices on historic Germantown Avenue, to smaller commercial hubs on neighboring side streets, Mt. Airy has the right space for you. Don’t hesitate – consider making Mt. Airy home for your business.
Reasons to Locate Here
- Mt. Airy is in an ideal location! Center City, neighborhoods in the Northwest section of Philadelphia, and the suburbs of Montgomery County are all within a 20 minute drive. Mt. Airy is also SEPTA accessible – the Chestnut Hill East and Chestnut Hill West regional rail lines run through East and West Mt Airy, and the 18, 23, H, and L bus lines run through the neighborhood.
- The Business Association of Mt. Airy coordinates promotional events for area businesses and provides strategic marketing to a regional audience. Their knowledgeable staff can also help you to navigate City procedures and resources.
- In addition to being nationally recognized for its tremendous diversity, Mt. Airy is home to residents that are strong supporters of local business. Most recently, a business that announced it was closing due to financial struggles was saved by its customers, who came through with over $50,000 to help the store get back on its feet.
- The Mt. Airy Business Improvement District offers a daily street cleaning service along Germantown Avenue. Mt. Airy USA recently completed Rock the Blocks, a comprehensive streetscape project beautifying Germantown Avenue and enhancing its vibrancy with new lighting, sidewalks, benches, and trees.
- The Storefront Improvement Program reimburses owners of commercial buildings and businesses within designated commercial corridors who make storefront improvements. The program can reimburse up to 50% of the cost of eligible improvements to a maximum of $8,000 for a single commercial property, or up to $12,000 for a multiple-address or corner business property.
- As a Kiva Zip trustee, we can help secure you a zero-interest, crowd sourced loan to help start or expand your business. Fund things like a new stove or upgraded technology.