Key Documents and Information
- Commercial Recycling
- City of Philadelphia Business Resources Guide
- Sign Permits: Information and applications
- Building Permit Application: Click here to download application
- Zoning/Use Registration Permit: Click here to download application
- Temporary Special Event Food Service Guide and Vendor License Application – click here to download
- Permanent Special Event Guide and Vendor License Application - click here to download
- Food License Application - click here to download
- Dumpster License
- A Guide to Starting Your Food Related Business (City of Philadelphia)– click here to download
- Historical Commission
- Licensing & Registration
- Business Privilege Tax Account & License Registration
- Online State Business Registration
- Federal EIN Number Application
- Business Structures & Entity Guide
- The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Doing Business in PA – click here to download
BUSINESS SAFETY PROGRAMS
Safety Camera Program. Receive up to 50% (up to $3,000) reimbursement for installing security cameras outside of your business. See Program Guidelines. Download an Application. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for vendor referrals.
Grants, Loans, & Financing
- The Merchant’s Fund
PGW EnergySense Equipment Rebates & Grants for Commercial & Industrial Buildings: PGW is now offering the following:
- Equipment Rebates of $2,000 and $500 for high-efficiency residential-sized boilers and furnaces, respectively;
- Equipment Rebates of up to $8,400 for high-efficiency commercial-scale boilers, and $1,200 for high-efficiency commercial cooking equipment;
- Building Grants of up to $75,000 for comprehensive energy upgrade projects to existing properties;
- Construction Grants of up to $60,000 for new or gut-rehabilitated energy efficient commercial, industrial, or multi-family buildings, and $2,750 for single-family homes.
- Small Business Association (SBA) 7A loans provide financial help for businesses with special requirements. Valley Green Bank is an approved Small Business Association (SBA) loan lender, located right here in Mt. Airy.
- The Advantage Grant Program is a grant program providing 50 percent matching grants, up to a maximum of $7,500, to enable a Pennsylvania small business to adopt or acquire energy efficient or pollution prevention equipment or processes. Click here to learn more about it (application begins on page 17).
- 10,000 Small Business Loan Fund- PIDC/ Goldman Sachs. Loans of $50,000-$750,000. Must be in operation for a minimum of 2 years and have a minimum of 4 employees including owner(s).
- Micro-lending - click here to learn more about it.
- The Small Business Association Pollution Prevention Assistance Account provides small businesses with low interest loans to undertake projects that reduce waste, pollution or energy use. Loans will be used to fund 75 percent of the total eligible project cost. The maximum loan amount is $100,000 within any 12-month period. Click here to learn more about it.
- The Storefront Improvement Program reimburses owners of commercial buildings and businesses within designated commercial corridors who make storefront improvements. The program can reimburse up to 50% of the cost of eligible improvements to a maximum of $8,000 for a single commercial property, or up to $12,000 for a multiple-address or corner business property. Click here for program details. Click here to download an application.
- The Office of Energy and Technology Deployment (OETD) website has information on other funding programs.
- PGW Energy Sense Program for Commercial Property Energy Efficiency Improvements: Rebates on a range of new equipment
- PGW Energy Sense Program for New Construction Projects: Energy Efficiency equipment rebates
Business Planning & Development Assistance
- Business Association of Mt. Airy
- Philadelphia Development Partnership
- Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE)
- The Business Center For Entrepreneurship and Social Enterprise
- The Empowerment Group
- The Enterprise Center
- The Merchant’s Fund
- The Temple University Small Business Development Center
- UPENN Pro Bono Legal Services
- The Welcoming Center for New Pennsylvanians
- The Wharton Small Business Development Center
- The Women’s Business Development Center
- The Women’s Opportunities Resource Center
Sign Permitting & Design Help
- Scenic Philadelphia (formerly SCRUB) Permitting Handbook for Philadelphia Businesses - Click here to download
- The Business Association of Mt. Airy has years of experience providing permitting and design assistance for local businesses.Contact us.